This document will outline the process of publishing Agendize buttons to multiple channels, such as your web site, Facebook page or Email signature.
1. In order to publish buttons, they must first be enabled from the Installation page. This can be accessed by selecting Installation Within the Agendize platform.
2. Within Installation, you will see a list of all of the buttons that are available for publishing.
Please note: This document will focus on Online Scheduling, but the process remains the same for the other button types.
3. In order to generate the code that will be used to publish your button, select the button of your choice and select Publish. This will open a popup window containing pre-generated code ready to be copied and pasted. Here you can see that the Online Scheduling button can be published to a website using HTML or and iFrame, Facebook page, Direct URL, email signature or QR code.
Please note that the other button types do not have all of the same publishing options. The options available for other button types are as follows:
1. To publish your Online Scheduling button to your website, select Publish beside the button you have created and copy the Website(HTML) or iFrame code.
Difference between Website (HTML) and iFrame code:
The Website(HTML) code will display the icon for the Online Scheduling button that was chosen when creating the button, and display your booking widget as an overlay on the page. The iFrame code will display your booking widget embedded within the web page, avoiding the need for your customers to click a button.
For more information on enabling and configuring your Online Scheduling button, please refer to the Getting Started with Online Scheduling document.
2. Paste the code that you have copied into your favourite code editor.
3. Positioning data will need to be added to this code. By default the styling is:
style="cursor : pointer; border: 0"
Which must be changed to include positioning data.
style="cursor : pointer; border: 0;position:absolute;top:120px;left:120px"
Keep in mind, the positioning data above is just an example. There are other positioning types available. For further reference, please visit http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_class_position.asp
1. To publish your button to Facebook, you must first have a Facebook business page. To set one up, please follow the steps outlined in https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/set-up-facebook-page.
2. Within your Agendize platform, navigate to Installation and select Publish beside your Online Scheduling button. This will open the popup with pre generated code mentioned in the previous section. Click on the link to redirect to your Facebook page.
3. Select Add online scheduling to your Facebook page.
4. Next, you will be prompted to select which Facebook Page to add Online Scheduling to. Select the appropriate business page and select Add Page Tab.
5. Navigate to your Facebook business page, and you will see Schedule Online as a new tab. Click on the tab, which will prompt you to login to your Agendize account.
6. Once you have logged in, select the Agendize Company you wish to display the widget for, and select Finish. You will now see the Online Scheduling Widget within your Facebook business page. If you would like to change the order of your tabs, select Manage Tabs.
Publishing to Facebook Mobile Page:
If you would like your customers to be able to book an appointment on your Facebook page using their mobile device, please follow the steps below.
1. Within Agendize, navigate to Tools and select Publish beside your Online Scheduling button.
2. Copy the Direct URL.
3. Navigate to your Facebook business page and select Add a button located below your Cover Photo.
4. In the popup that appears, select Book Now as the button. Paste the Direct URL you copied from Agendize and select Create.
When a customer is viewing your Facebook page on a mobile device, they will now see the Book Now button available.
Publishing to Facebook Ad:
1. If you would like to add a Call to Action into your Facebook ad, please ensure you have followed the steps above in order to setup the Book Now Call to Action.
2. In order to create a new Facebook ad, please follow the steps outlined in https://www.facebook.com/business/help/132037906870538.
Please note that the Call to Action buttons are only available with ads with the following advertising objectives: Brand Awareness, Local Awareness, Reach, Traffic, App Installs, Lead Generation, Conversations, Product Catalog Sales, Video Views and Store Visits.
3. Once your ad is setup, in the Page & Text section, select the Book Now Call to action. You can now see a preview of the Call to Action on the Ad.
With Agendize, you can easily publish your button to an Email Marketing campaign, or Email Signature.
Email Marketing Campaign:
If you use the Email Marketing feature within Agendize, please follow the steps below to publish your button.
1. Within Agendize, navigate to Tools.
2. Select Publish beside the Online Scheduling button.
3. Copy the Email code.
4. Close the popup, and navigate to Clients.
5. Select Message Templates located in the sidebar of the Clients page. Choose the template of your choice or create a new template.
6. Within the template editor, paste the Email code that was copied earlier.
7. Select Save. When you open the template again you will see the Online Scheduling button within the template.
Alternatively, you can insert a custom image into your email template and attach a link using your booking widget’s Direct URL.
1. Within the Template Editor, select Insert > Insert/edit image.
2. Enter the source URL of the image, a description (optional) and dimensions of the image. Once complete, select Ok.
3. Within the Template Editor, select the image and select Insert > Insert/edit link.
4. Paste the Direct URL of your Online Scheduling button, and select Ok.
In order to publish your Online Scheduling button to your Email signature, please follow the steps below. These steps will use Gmail as an example.
1. Within your Agendize platform, navigate to Tools.
2. Select Publish beside the Online Scheduling button, and copy the Direct URL code.
3. Open a new browser tab or window and navigate to your Gmail account.
4. Select the Settings icon in the right hand corner and choose Settings.
4. Within the General tab, scroll down to the signature area.
5. Within the signature editor, select the Insert Image button.
7. Choose an image from your Drive, upload an image or enter an image URL.
8. Highlight the image in the Signature Editor and select the Insert Link button.
9. Select Change, and paste the Direct URL copied earlier from Agendize. Select Ok once done.
10. Your email signature is now setup for Online Scheduling! You can test the link from within the signature editor, or send a test email to try it.
If you would like to publish your Online Scheduling button to Twitter, you can generate a Shortened URL to minimize the impact on the character limit.
1. Navigate to Tools within your Agendize platform.
2. Select Publish beside the Online Scheduling Button.
3. Copy the Direct URL.
4. Navigate to https://goo.gl/ which is a free URL shortener offered by Google.
5. Paste the Direct URL into the URL Shortener and select Shorten URL.
6. You can now copy the Shortened URL and use it in your next Tweet!